What to expect at a swim meet
The VDN Barracudas swim team competes in the Lone Star Summer Swim League (www.lsssl.org). We will swim 4 dual meets (2 home & 2 away) according to the league schedule. We then participate in the Division B Championship with all four division teams.
For each of the dual meets, we will attempt to publish and/or e-mail heat sheets as soon as they are available. Teams often make meet changes up until one hour of the meet, so changes may occur after publication. We will also attempt to publish and e-mail helpful information about each particular meet and venue within a day or two of the meet. Maps to each venue can be found on the league website at http://www.lsssl.org/teams.php.
Each dual meet usually lasts about 3.5 to 4 hours and coaches should be notified if you are planning on leaving before the conclusion of the meet.
- Make sure your swimmer is well rested and well hydrated prior to the swim meets.
- Swimmers should arrive ready to swim at the communicated time from the coaches. VDN will have a check-in table at all meets to verify attendance.
- Swimmers should stay in the designated team area with either their age group or their parents for the entire meet.
- Swimmers should notify the coaches if needing to leave before the meet concludes, even if they are not scheduled for more events. This is important when the coaches are trying to cover other absences and are counting on a swimmer to substitute.
- Please keep the team area clean and throw away trash.
- The Vista del Norte HOA graciously allows us use of the pool and grounds. Please follow all posted rules.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the pool area.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area.
- You should plan on bringing chairs, sunscreen and mosquito repellent. Each venue will have concessions and should include water and sports drinks as well as food and snacks; feel free to bring your own water to help yourself and your swimmers remain hydrated.
- Swimmers will received heat ribbons at the end of their race. All heats will be combined and final ribbons will be awarded for the top six places. These ribbons will be placed in the Barracuda Boxes usually by the next day's practice. Each family will have a file in the box. Please check your file frequently for any other items as well.